Sunday, June 10, 2012
Posted by Titus2Women at 9:53 PM
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Friday, April 20, 2012
Put away the junk food and add these yummy, delicious snacks!! Parent Connect posted a great list of healthy food snacks for those preggys out there.
- Apple slices spread with Laughing Cow cheese.
- Homemade muffins made with grated carrots or zucchini.
- A smoothie made with fresh blueberries, plain non-fat yogurt and half of a banana.
- Cottage cheese with fresh strawberries or peaches.
- Air-popped popcorn sprinkled with Chinese Five Spice blend.
- Peaches or nectarines dipped in light cream cheese.
- Baked tortilla chips and salsa.
- Celery slices smothered in peanut butter.
- A frozen tube of Go-GURT (portable yogurt).
- Bell pepper slices dipped in low-fat ranch dressing.
- Homemade trail mix. Just throw some nuts, dried cranberries, coconut flakes (and some mini chocolate chips for balance) into a zipper bag and shake.
- Pita chips and hummus.
- Chicken salad on a whole wheat roll.
- Frozen grapes.
- A parfait made with low-fat yogurt, fresh berries and some granola.
- String cheese (and a few crackers if you want).
Posted by Titus2Women at 9:45 PM
Meal Train is a neat website that allows you to organize a meal drop-off plan for your friends who are in need of some TLC. Recently, my friend was in the hospital for surgery, and the neighborhood gals organized a meal drop-off through the website Meal Train that sets up a calendar for organizing who can bring what on which day. It was a great and simple way for us to sign up and schedule drop-offs for our friend and her family at their home during recovery.
Posted by Titus2Women at 9:39 PM
Sunday, April 15, 2012
Friday, April 13, 2012
We've been having issues with lying with our 5 year old.. I like what Dr. Sears says in his article, "11 Ways to Raise a Truthful Child."
If you create an atmosphere in your home and an attitude within your child that honesty is the best policy and the child's truthful self is really the nicest person to be around, you are well on your way to building trust and avoiding dishonesty.
(See full article HERE)
Posted by Titus2Women at 1:04 PM