Thursday, April 7, 2011

Totally Transformed

I believe that repentance is the key to being totally transformed.
Last week in bible study, I was listening to our lecturer talking about repentance...
and in my mind, I was thinking about the need to not only repent of my own sins..
but the sins that have NOT been recognized and repented by my parents,
my grandparents, and their parents....

While in my parenting, I some times see my parents' bad habits.. and it honestly scares me..
Things that I did not like about what they did or say, now I'm doing... ugh..

My kids and I were listening to Jana Alayra's song "Totally Transformed",
(you can listen to it here),
the lyrics go like this...

"I don't want to be, don't want to be the same.
I don't want to play, play the same old game.
I want to be transformed.
Totally, by you my Lord."

These lyrics were again speaking to me about these old habits..
not just with parenting, but in all areas of my life.

So Lord, I want to be totally transformed by you.
Help me not get stuck in the same cycles of bad habits and sins..
I completely repent of all my sins...and unrecognized sins committed in the past..
Change me and mold me into the person you want me to be.