Sunday, March 21, 2010

Husband's Health

Recently, my husband has been dealing with health concerns that have been consuming him and also distracting him from the things that he wants/needs to focus on. As he is going through this, God has been teaching me to pray more fervently for his health (which is good because we're both aging quickly and I need to learn how to pray for his health more effectively).

Whether your husband is dealing with mental health issues, chronic pain, diabetes, bad diet, etc.. as wives, we all need to pray perseveringly for their health.



Below is a prayer written by Stormie Omartian in "The Power of a Praying Wife" (chapter 11- His Health).

Lord, I pray for Your healing touch on (husband's name). Make every part of his body function the way You designed it to. Wherever there is anything out of balance, set it in perfect working order. Heal him of any disease, illness, injury, infirmity, or weakness. Strengthen his body to successfully endure his workload, and when he sleeps may he wake up completely rested, rejuvenated and refreshed. Give him a strong heart that doesn't fail. I don't want him to have heart failure at any time.

I pray that he will have the desire to take care of his body, to eat the kind of food that brings health, to get regular exercise, and avoid anything that would be harmful to him. Help him to understand that his body is Your temple and that he should care for it s such (1 Corinthians 3:16). I pray that he will present it as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to You (Romans 12:1).

When he is ill, I pray that You will sustain him and heal him. Fill him with your joy to give him strength. Specifically, I pray for (mention any area of concern). Give him faith to say, "'O Lord my God, I cried out to You, and You healed me' (Pslam 30:2). Thank you Lord that You are my Healer." I pray that my husband will live a long and healthy life and when death does come, may it be accompanied by peace and not unbearable suffering agony. Thank you, Lord, that You will be there to welcome him into Your presence, and not a moment before Your appointed hour.