Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Tone It Up!


When people talk about working out, I laugh and think to myself, when would I ever have the time or energy to workout?! If I have any spare time, I would like to rest. Working out is not appealing to me at all. But then I read that women lose muscle mass every year, especially after having children. So I considered some sort of exercise. I've been hearing a lot of good things about this workout video by Jillian Michaels called the 30 Day Shred. I had a friend try it with me, and I was surprised how totally doable it was! There are 3 levels --(I'm still on level 1!) Jillian Michaels begins with warm ups, then cardio, muscle toning and strength. Not bad in 20 minutes. It didn't feel rushed or over the top. Afterwards, I felt light, energized and optimistic. If you'd like to check it out, Target carries the DVD in the sporting goods section for $9.00.