Monday, October 5, 2009

Perspective

God has given my friend a gift of perspective... along with a great attitude and sense of humor.

She was telling me one evening that she can't believe how "some people will spend hours and hours (maybe days) researching and finding the BEST and SAFEST sippy cup for their children... but they will yell and argue with their husband in front of them."

So true right?

I felt convicted when she said this.. not because I spend hours researching on a sippy cup, nor do my husband and I yell at each other in front of our kids... but how often have I invested my time and energy into something that matters so little... and put little investment in something a whole lot more valuable.. Too often.

I pray that God would give me better perspective on life. I pray that I would not waste my time, my emotions, my temper, my money, my anger and fears on things that are of little importance. Rather, I hope that I see the big picture and appreciate, enjoy and most of all, care about things that God wants me to care about.