Monday, February 21, 2011

Confidence

When I was single... I felt like I could conquer the world..

When I met my husband, I was a confident young woman...

These days, I'm not even sure what confidence means...

Maybe because I have a hard time keeping my home clean..
Maybe because I feel like I can't even raise one child properly.
Maybe because my body doesn't look the same after having kids.
Or all the above.

I love this verse.. Philippians 4:8 says:
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things."

Even though I may not have the "confidence" I used to have...I I am so thankful that I know a God that gives me TRUE confidence... Not the confidence that changes with my mood or circumstance..but a confidence that is unwavering, unbreaking and everlasting.