Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Burden is Light

I had an "Aha!" moment the other night.

I feel like I have a deeper understanding of the verse from Mathew 11:30, "for my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

I was thinking of how blessed I am to have friends that are willing to help me when I'm going through hard times. Recently my family was very will...and I had friends who were praying for us, bringing us meals, offering to pick up some things from the store or do anything they can in order to lighten my (our) burden some way.

In similar ways, when God sees us going through turmoil, He is saying "LET ME DO THE WORK!". He wants us to have faith and know that He is moving even though we can not see... and is often times calling us to "be still and know that He is God" (Psalm 46:10). God wants us to cast all our cares, worries and burdens to Him.. and ALLOW Him to help us.. instead of trying to do things ourselves.