Monday, June 29, 2009

Confidence

Psalm 57:7 in the Amplified Bible says, "My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is steadfast and confident! I will sing and make melody."

Joyce Meyer comments about this verse in her devotional about confidence in her book, The Everyday Bible. I have discovered that staying confident at all times is vital to a successful ministry and to an overcoming life. The mind is a battlefield, and the devil lies to us by putting wrong thoughts in our minds. He is constantly trying to steal our confidence. We can be confident by faith because our confidence should be in Christ, not in ourselves. No matter how I feel, I still believe that I can do whatever I need to do through Christ who strengthens me.

We, as mothers especially, need energy and confidence because we are teachers to our children and companions to our husbands. We can all make lists of our weaknesses, but we must choose to focus on the strengths of our Lord Jesus Christ and His power through us to accomplish His will. And go about our day with an attitude of worship.