Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Thing of Beauty...


My daughter loves Mary Poppins... In fact, we were just watching the movie this morning (while she is recovering from a yucky stomach bug) and I heard this quote...

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever."
-Mary Poppins

This quote reminded me of how important for us Mamas to be constantly exposed to and surrounded by "things of beauty" or things that inspires us, lifts us up and brings us a lot of JOY. For me, examining beautiful artwork often slows down time, relaxes me and takes me to a place where I don't have to think about what chore to do next, what meal to prepare, etc. Whether it's photography, nature, sewing, baking, singing.... whatever your favorite hobbies or things may be... Surround yourself with beauty and share them with your little ones too!